Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
- 300 ml Water
- 70 g Sunflower oil
- 250 g Flour 00
- 1 yellow apple
- 1 Limone
- 120 g Sugar
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 20 g Butter (for buttering the pan)
- 50 g Brown sugar
- to taste Powdered sugar
- To begin making this delicious water-based apple pie with seed oil, simply combine the room temperature water with sunflower oil in a large enough mixing bowl (we used this type of oil because it is particularly light, but peanut oil is also fine); once combined, emulsify everything thoroughly with an electric mixer.
- In the same bowl where you emulsified the water and seed oil, combine the sifted flour and a sachet of baking powder (it is essential that the flour and the baking powder are sieved together so that no lumps form and the two ingredients are perfectly mixed together).
- Place the grated lemon zest in the bowl (take care to wash the lemon thoroughly before grating the zest and always use untreated lemons). Then, using an electric whisk, beat everything together until it becomes a rather fluid and smooth mixture; if any lumps remain, mash them with a fork and then beat the dough some more.
- Grease an opening baking pan well (I used a 22-centimeter-diameter-diameter-opening-pan) and then sprinkle the inside with brown sugar, making sure that all the edges and bottom are well covered by the sugar (brown sugar put in this way isolates the dough very well from the metal and ensures that the cake, once cooked, does not stick to the pan, as well as creating a sweet and crunchy crust all around the cake).
- Fill the baking sheet halfway with batter, about half the height of the rim.
- Peel and core an apple, then cut it into thin wedges and arrange them radially on the surface of the dough. At this point, you can bake the apple pie in water for an hour in a 170° oven.
- When the apple pie is done, cool it in the water without butter before sprinkling it with icing sugar and serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 723Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 11mgSodium 164mgCarbohydrates 126gFiber 3gSugar 76gProtein 7g