Simply sit them down and watch them vanish before your eyes. At least, that’s how it goes in our house.
When going to parties or potlucks, I highly recommend bringing these easy keto sausage rolls. They are one of those foods that are impossible to resist, and you will almost never have leftovers. I also recommend labeling the recipe because people are likely to request it, especially if they learn it’s keto. Don’t forget to check out my Keto Sausage Balls as well. They’re insanely good.
What exactly is a sausage roll?
A sausage roll is a traditional British snack made from rolled up sausage and onions in puff pastry. They are similar to American pigs in a blanket, in which hot dogs are battered and baked.
What you will require
These keto sausage balls are made with a thick head type mozzarella dough and a sausage filling. Both are simple to make and require only a few ingredients.
- Keeps keto dough and just the right texture.
- It is best to use cream cheese at room temperature
- it is important to use room temperature eggs.
- I love the way the coconut flour keto sausage rolls turn out
- I use a combination of garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Microwave the cream cheese and grated mozzarella in a bowl for one minute. Stir and heat for 30 seconds more. When you stir it again, you'll notice that the cheese has melted. Once it has melted, heat it for 30 seconds or until it has become globose and uniform.
- I prefer to make the mozzarella dough in the food processor. If you don't have a food processor, you can mix it all together by hand in a large mixing bowl with a wooden spoon.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sausage, egg yolk, and chopped dried onion.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, shape the dough into a large rectangle. This will keep it from adhering to your work surface. Begin putting the filling in the center.
- Then, lift the parchment paper and place it over the filling to easily coat it with the dough. Separate and cut into rolls.
- 25–30 minutes in the oven When finished, the sausage will be fully cooked and the crust will be golden brown.
- When finished, it will resemble cheese fondue
- To ensure that the dough does not stick to your hands, wet them.
Amount Per Serving Calories 392Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 64mgSodium 535mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 6g