Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 400 grams of dry peeled red and yellow lentils
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ red or white onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 500 ml of hot water
- 1 tsp curry, ginger, turmeric, chilli, pepper, cumin, coriander, cardamom
- Cook for 30 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Daal must be cooked for an extended period of time to achieve maximum creaminess. Add more boiling water if the water evaporates and the lentils stick to the pan. Cook for another 10 minutes after adding a glass of coconut milk, vegetable drink, or a few tablespoons of compact yogurt. Turn off the oven and leave the Indian Dahl to rest for at least 10 minutes with the lid on.
- This wait will ensure that the flavors blend together and that the Dahl's consistency becomes more homogeneous and creamy.
- Serve the dish hot, garnished with a handful of chopped parsley.
Amount Per Serving Calories 687Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 51mgSodium 1502mgCarbohydrates 65gFiber 20gSugar 9gProtein 38g