Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp coriander
- ½ Tea Spoon urad dal
- ½ Tea Spoon chana dal
- 5 whole dried Kashmiri red chillies
- ¼ tea spoon of fenugreek
- some curry leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh coconut
- water to blend as needed
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- ½ tea spoon mustard
- ½ tea spoon cumin
- a pinch of asafoetida
- some curry leaves
- 1 dried whole Kashmiri red chili
- ½ प्याज़ परतें
- ½ tomato finely chopped
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 5 beans chopped
- 1 drumstick pod / drumstick chopped
- 1 cup water as required
- ½ tea spoon turmeric
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup tamarind pulp
- ½ tea spoon of sugar
- 2 cups cooked rice
- ½ cup toor dal Cooked
- To begin, heat the oil in a pan.
- Fry lightly with 1 tsp coriander, 1 tsp urad dal, 1 tsp chana dal, 1 tsp fenugreek, and 5 dry Kashmiri red chillies.
- Cook for a minute after adding some curry leaves and 2 tbsp coconut.
- Allow the spices to cool completely before adding them to the blender.
- Add water as needed and blend to make a smooth paste, then set aside.
- To begin, heat 2 tbsp ghee in a kadai and add tsp mustard, tsp cumin, pinch asafoetida, a few curry leaves, and 1 dry kashmiri red chilli.
- Allow it to cook after lightly frying it.
- After that, cook for a minute with 12 onion.
- Now add the tomato and cook it until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add 2 cups chopped vegetables of your choice, such as carrots, beans, and drumsticks/drumstick pods.
- Cook for one minute.
- After that, add 1 cup water, 1 teaspoon turmeric, and salt to taste.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until they are done.
- Now, add a cup of tamarind pulp and a teaspoon of jaggery to it.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, or until the raw tamarind flavor is gone.
- Combine the masala paste, 1 cup cooked toor dal, and 2 cups cooked rice in a mixing bowl.
- Mix all of these ingredients thoroughly and adjust the thickness with water as needed
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until the sambhar rice slightly thickens.
- Finally, spoon the fresh ghee and chips on top of the sambar rice/sambar sadam.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1783Total Fat 51gSaturated Fat 19gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 199mgSodium 4126mgCarbohydrates 261gFiber 47gSugar 71gProtein 94g