Prep Time 1 hour
Cook Time 1 hour
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 2 hours 10 minutes
- 500 grams of beef fillet, cut into thin slices
- 1 kilo of beef, with bone for the broth
- 4 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 10 anise stars
- 6 nails
- 1 package of oriental noodle
- 3 chives, chopped
- 1/3 cups fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 cup of wheat germ
- 1/3 cups basil leaf
- 1 serrano pepper, minced
- 3 lemons, sliced
- 1/3 cup chili piquín
- 7 cups of water
- to taste of salt
- In a large pot, bring 7 cups of water to a boil. Bring the beef steak and water to a boil in a separate pot.
- Allow the water with the meat to boil for 5 minutes before transferring the meat from the first to the second pot with a spoon.
- Allow the water in the first pot to boil while wiping the surface clean of any fat or meat residue.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the ginger, onion, and sugar. Cook for another 40 minutes, or until the meat is very tender.
- When the broth has been cooking for an hour and a half, place the anise stars and cloves in a spice bag (or a cloth to make cheese) and infuse the broth for 20 minutes. Take the anise stars and onion out of the broth. Heat with salt.
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil, then add the vermicelli and cook for 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Serve the soup in large soup bowls, beginning with the vermicelli and finishing with 2-3 cups of the beef broth and a few pieces of steak.
- Serve with the yellow onion, chives, and cilantro.
Amount Per Serving Calories 665Total Fat 39gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 172mgSodium 282mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 57g