Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 1 lbs. Hy-Vee Rainforrest tilapia fillets
- ¾ c. plus 1/3 c. Old El Paso zesty ranch taco sauce, divided
- 2 c. Hy-Vee plain panko bread crumbs
- 1 (1.25-oz.) pkt. Hy-Vee original taco seasoning mix
- 5 c. Hy-Vee coleslaw mix
- 8 Hy-Vee taco-size flour tortillas
- Desired toppers, such as: diced mango, red onion slivers, fresh jalapeno slices, and zesty ranch taco sauce
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F according to the manufacturer's instructions. Using paper towels, pat dry the tilapia and cut it into 2-1/2-x-1/2-inch pieces.
- In a shallow bowl, combine 3/4 cup taco sauce. In a separate shallow bowl, combine the panko and taco seasoning mix. Dip the fish, one piece at a time, into the sauce and shake off the excess. Coat evenly with bread crumb mixture, pressing firmly to adhere.
- Spray the air fryer basket lightly with nonstick spray. Place coated fish strips in basket in a single layer; lightly spray with nonstick spray. Air-fry for 5 to 6 minutes, or until lightly golden and fish flakes easily with a fork (145 degrees), turning fish halfway through and spraying with nonstick spray.
- Combine the coleslaw and the remaining 1/3 cup taco sauce in a mixing bowl. Serve the fish with slaw on taco-sized flour tortillas. Toppings such as diced mango, red onion slivers, fresh jalapeno slices, and zesty ranch taco sauce can be added as desired..
Amount Per Serving Calories 1414Total Fat 74gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 57gCholesterol 104mgSodium 2224mgCarbohydrates 138gFiber 12gSugar 46gProtein 48g