The chicken sandwich with enticing Cajun mayonnaise This quick and informal dish was inspired by a blend of exotic spices from overseas that expresses a unique mix of flavors from different culinary cultures, as well as a passion for street food. A last-minute meal saver has never tasted so good; the first bite will convince you of its irresistible goodness! You can also customize the chicken sandwich to make it unique each time… try flavoring it with a creamy sauce.
- Roast chicken 800 g
- White bread in 12 slices
- Bacon 12 slices
- Small head iceberg lettuce 1
- Pomodori ramati 2
- Red onions 2
- Mayonnaise 200 g
- Cajun 4 tsp
- Tomato paste 1 tbsp
- Donkey qb
- First, wash and thinly slice the copper tomatoes for the chicken sandwich. Clean and slice the red onion, then wash and julienne the iceberg lettuce
- Set aside the vegetables while you prepare the roast chicken: remove the skin and bones and fray it in a large bowl; you'll need about 300 g of chicken. Pour the homemade mayonnaise a spoonful of tomato paste 5, and 4 teaspoons of the Cajun spice mix into a separate bowl.
- Stir everything together with a spoon, then add the shredded roast chicken.
- and combine to flavor it with the sauce Set the chicken aside while you heat a pan: when it's hot, add the bacon slices without overlapping them and without any other fats and brown for 3 minutes, turning halfway through.
- When the bacon is done, drain it on an absorbent paper-lined tray. Pour the sliced onions into the same pan that you cooked the bacon in and cook for about 3 minutes. When they're nicely browned, remove from the heat and set aside to cool
- Now, butter one slice of sandwich bread on both sides and two slices on one side only for each sandwich. Heat a pan over medium heat and toast the buttered slice of bread on both sidesuntil golden brown.
- Now make the sandwich: take one of the two slices of bread, buttered on one side only, and stuff it with the chicken, tomato slices and julienne iceberg salad.
- Cover with a freshly toasted slice of chicken bacon and continue filling with another slice of chicken bacon.
- as well as onion Cover with the other buttered slice of bread and press the sandwich with a spatula on one side only.
- toast it on both sides on a hot pan When the surface of the sandwich is golden brown, transfer it to a cutting board, cut it in half diagonally, and serve it while it is still hot.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1225Total Fat 80gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 57gCholesterol 207mgSodium 1509mgCarbohydrates 54gFiber 4gSugar 9gProtein 70g