Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Additional Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 500g of a block of a soft cheese, which melts easily
- 3 eggs
- bread crumbs
- The first step is to cut the block of cheese in half. Cheeses such as emmental, gouda, and mozzarella are sold in blocks of 250 or 500g in any market. We cut it with a knife the size of an index finger.
- After cutting the fingers, we run them through a beaten egg with a pinch of salt. Then add the breadcrumbs, then the beaten egg, and finally the breadcrumbs. By dipping it twice in egg and breadcrumbs, we can achieve a very crispy outer layer while also improving the seal of the cheese fingers.
- We put them in the fridge for about an hour after they've been breaded. Allow the breading to settle with your fingers.
- After some time has passed, we fry them in a large amount of oil over high heat. We remove them after about a minute and place them on absorbent paper before serving.
Amount Per ServingCalories 618Total Fat 49gSaturated Fat 25gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 263mgSodium 921mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 34g