The fish remains tender and the batter crisp and is a real goodness for the palate, the mixed fried battered fish is very easy to prepare and you can choose the fish you prefer, of course I chose the inevitable shrimp and squid, the fried shrimp and squid in batteris perfect for any occasion, I have my daughter Sara, the youngest who loves frying and this one you see in the photo has eaten almost all of it, while Elena, the restless teenager says she is a fish vegetarian. ok, this is another story, apart from her, we all here at home love fish, especially when it comes to fried fish , if you then use the batter that I propose it is also dry and digestible, does not contain eggs and is perfect for fry whatever you want like apples, vegetables, fish.
Fried fish in batter is perfect if you want to bring to the table something tasty and at the same time fast, obviously there will be my tips for having a crispy fried fish !
- 300 g squid rings
- 300 g of gamberries
- 200 g flour 00
- 200 g carbonated water
- lemon juice (2-3 drops)
- peanut oil
- First, prepare the batter with water
- In a bowl put the sifted flour.
- Add the lemon juice .
- Add the very cold sparkling water a little at a time and turn with a fork or a hand whisk.
- Continue to mix the batter until the mixture is smooth and without lumps.
- Prepare the shrimp and squid for frying fish in batter
- Remove the shells and intestines from the shrimp and rinse them under running water.
- The squid rings if you want you can take them already cleaned.
- Put squid and shrimp on a sheet of kitchen paper so that they are completely dry.
- Meanwhile, heat plenty of peanut oil.
- Dip the squid and shrimp into the batter.
- Take them with a fork letting the excess batter drain and dip them into the hot oil.
- Fry a few pieces at a time so as not to lower the temperature of the oil.
- When the fried fish is well swollen and golden, drain them with a slotted spoon and transfer them to a plate with kitchen paper.
- The fried fish in batter is ready, add a pinch of salt and if you want some lemon juice and enjoy it hot and crunchy!
- You can choose the fish you prefer.
- I always recommend using peanut oil as it holds high temperatures and keeps fried food crisp and dry.
Amount Per Serving Calories 281Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 175mgSodium 36mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 17g