Today we propose this recipe for Lamb with cumin couscous and fruits with honey as a unique dish and to enjoy a great game of flavors. It is a very complete dish, full of nutrients, meat fats, and a good olive oil. We experiment with the sweetness of fruit and honey, the acidity of lemon, the flavor of lamb, the neutrality of couscous, and the aroma of spices to create this flavor.
- 8 lamb chops or ribs
- 200 grams of couscous
- 250 ml. of beef broth
- 100 grams of cooked chickpeas
- 1 green tomato
- 4 figs
- 1 caqui persimmon
- 1 red onion
- 1 tbsp mint sauce (can be substituted for fresh mint)
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 60 ml. lemon juice (you can reduce it with a little water if you don't want it to be too acidic)
- 35 grams of avocado honey
- freshly ground black pepper
- a pinch of hot paprika
- extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare the couscous, spread it out on a large tray, and top with the cumin, paprika, and mint sauce. Warm the broth before pouring it over the couscous. Allow it to hydrate for about ten minutes, then separate the grains with a fork while mixing in the chickpeas, taste, and season with salt if necessary. Reservation.
- Wash and cut the figs, green tomato, and persimmon into wedges. Peel and cut the onion the same size, heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and fry the tomato, turning it over and seasoning to taste, then add the onion and sauté a few more minutes, until it begins to be tender, then add the water, lemon juice, and honey and reduce the heat, cook until you almost have a caramelized sauce. Then stir in the persimmon and figs, season with salt and pepper, and set aside for another minute. Reservation.
- Prepare the grilled lamb, seasoning to taste. To release the fat in the lamb, we like to add the salt almost at the end, in the last round we give it, and with very little oil. Then a fine thread of raw olive oil is added.
Amount Per Serving Calories 620Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 107mgSodium 347mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 7gSugar 23gProtein 39g