Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- Half a liter of brandy, pomace or vodka
- Peels (skin) of two oranges
- 1 Cinnamon
- stick 2 Cloves
- Sugar syrup (125 grams of white sugar and 125 ml of good quality or mineral water, in a saucepan we add the water it is put on the fire, when it is hot we begin to add the sugar and with a spoon we stir, it melts in a few minutes, it must be left at room temperature before using it)
- The oranges should be thoroughly washed and dried. We cut the shell (skin) with a knife or peeler, leaving as little white as possible.
- In a glass jar with a lid, combine all of the shells, cloves, and cinnamon stick, then add the alcohol.
- Close the jar, place it in a dark, dry place, and leave it to marinate for 30 days.
- We strain the orange macerate using a kitchen strainer and a paper or cloth coffee filter.
- We add the sugar syrup to the orange macerate and stir with a spoon to combine.
- We transfer it to the bottle where we will serve it; it is ready for consumption, though I prefer to let it rest for a week. It is preserved in the same way that any liquor that we can buy in a store is.
Amount Per ServingCalories 421Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 6mgCarbohydrates 47gFiber 2gSugar 43gProtein 1g