Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 400 g de tofu firme ( 14 oz ), en dados
- 1 cup of broccoli ( 100 g ), chopped
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 red onion, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- A 1 inch (2 cm) piece of ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup of vegetable broth or water ( 190 ml)
- 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce ( 4 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons sugar, I used cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder (optional)
- Tofu should be cooked in a pan with a little oil (optional) until golden brown. Reservation.
- Cook the vegetables in the same pan with a little oil until al dente (about 2-3 minutes), stirring occasionally. If you don't want to use oil, add a little vegetable broth or water instead.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the sauce ingredients until well combined.
- Stir in the cooked tofu and sauce, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Before serving, taste and season with salt if necessary. Serve immediately (I sprinkled sesame seeds on top) or refrigerate leftovers for 5-7 days in an airtight container.
- The recipe calls for two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. You can add more or less oil, or you can leave it out entirely.
- Use your preferred vegetables, spices, and sweeteners.
- You can substitute any other starch for cornstarch.
- If you want to reduce the sodium content, use less tamari or soy sauce or water instead of vegetable broth.
Amount Per ServingCalories 165Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1450mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 3gSugar 11gProtein 14g