Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 cup of soy protein
- 2 cups diced mixed vegetables
- 1 grated cheese * optional
- 3 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 barbecue sauce * to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- Put the proteins in a bowl and cover with hot water, soak them until absorbed.
- Cut the puff pastry sheets into thirds.
- Mix all the ingredients and sprinkle the mixture along the puff pastry sheets leaving enough dough to join the sides.
- Brush the edges with milk and roll them together.
- Cut the rolls to the desired length, brush with milk and cut the top off with scissors to allow excess moisture to escape and give a traditional sausage roll look.
- Bake in the oven at 220 ° C until the dough turns golden brown.
- I used TVP, short for Textured Vegetable Protein Protein. We vary the vegetables, but I used peas, corn kernels, onion, pepper, fresh parsley, broccoli, basil and tomato.
- Add the breadcrumbs if the mixture is too moist. Adjust the amounts as needed. Use any sauce. By cutting the rolls in quarters, I make 12 sausage rolls for each sheet.