Prep Time 50 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 20 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 40 minutes
- 2-1 / 2 cups whole wheat rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Diced tomatoes without added salt, undrained
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 container (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Spread
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Shredded Italian
- Five Cheese Blend
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package, but without the salt.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with cooking spray. Cook the breasts and mushrooms for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the chicken is no longer pink. Boil the tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, basil, and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes on low heat, or until the chicken is done. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the cream cheese is completely melted.
- The pasta should be drained. Stir it into the chicken preparation. Place in a 2-quart casserole that has been sprayed with cooking spray and cover with a lid.
- Bake the preparation for 20 minutes, or until it reaches the desired temperature. Place the cheese on top and bake uncovered for 5 minutes, or until melted.
- Keep some of the pasta cooking water aside.
- Save some of the cooking water when draining the pasta. After draining, stir the pasta into the chicken mixture and adjust the consistency with up to 1/4 cup of the reserved water.
Amount Per Serving Calories 910Total Fat 49gSaturated Fat 26gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 235mgSodium 1127mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 6gSugar 8gProtein 77g