Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Additional Time 25 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ sweet onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 sandwich rolls
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, splitting it as it cooks.
- When the meat is halfway done, add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until the meat is fully cooked and the vegetables are tender. Return the drained fat to the pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the ketchup, mustard, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Toss the ground beef in the sauce to coat.
- Allow the meat mixture to simmer for 5 minutes before pouring into sandwich rolls.
Amount Per Serving Calories 513Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 101mgSodium 1210mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 3gSugar 10gProtein 37g