Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
- Half pumpkin
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- Bay leaves, four
- Warm honey, two tablespoons
- Melted butter, two tablespoons
- Soy sauce, two tablespoons
- Dried chilli, five or six rings
- Harissa, a pinch (very itchy eye)
- When we buy a whole pumpkin, we cut it down the middle, remove the pipes, and peel it (leaving the tail that is really cute). If we buy a half-pumpkin, we simply empty it out of the pipes and peel it.
- Grease all sides of the pumpkin with extra virgin olive oil, place it on an oven tray, and season generously.
- We roast it at 200°F for 15 minutes, just long enough for it to soften and allow us to slice it easily.
- After allowing the half pumpkin to temper, we cut it transversely lengthwise without reaching the base. You must exercise caution because the knife is prone to slipping, but we can avoid this by placing two chopsticks on each side to act as a stop. However, if we go too far with the cut, nothing happens; when we serve the pumpkin, we simply put the pieces together and that's it.
- The bay leaves were placed in four cavities.
- Brush the surface with the honey mixture, which includes the butter, soy sauce, chili, and harissa.
- We put it back in the oven at 180 degrees and take it out every 10 minutes to brush with the previous mixture, making sure to get it between the pumpkin slices.
- Remove from the oven when it is tender when prodded with a toothpick (it takes approximately 30 minutes).
- We move to a source or presentation table and begin serving immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 556Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 94mgSodium 1968mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 2gSugar 11gProtein 31g