The Caesar salad is notorious and contradictory, as it can be very healthy or very unhealthy, depending on the ingredients used in its preparation.They’re available in ready-to-eat stores and even fast food restaurants, but they’re usually made with low-quality ingredients, very little chicken, and a ton of preservatives in the sauce, which is usually very caloric.
Another option is to make it at home with high-quality ingredients that you purchase.You’ll need lettuce (either regular or bag lettuce), half a grilled or grilled chicken breast, as desired, a low-fat Greek yogurt, and mustard for this.
Garlic is optional but recommended because it adds a unique flavor.
Although it usually includes some parmesan cheese stools and picatostes, we’ll leave them out in this light version to avoid adding extra calories.The yogurt and mustard sauce is a much healthier alternative to mayonnaise or traditional Caesar sauce, and it tastes great.
If you have all of the ingredients on hand, it will take you less than 20 minutes from start to finish, making it a great recipe to have on hand when you don’t have much time to cook
- A bag of chopped lettuce
- 1/2 chicken breast
- 200 gr of Greek yogurt 0% fat
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt/black pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken breast into strips and cook them in a pan at medium-low heat with a few drops of olive oil until they are no longer raw. It is not necessary to overcook it because it will remain dry and hard.
- It can also be grilled until it begins to burn over high heat.
- To make the dressing, combine the yogurt, mustard, crushed garlic, salt, and black pepper to taste.
- To make the salad, we place the lettuce in a salad bowl, add the chicken strips, season with the prepared sauce, mix, and serve.
- From First Course to Main Course: Oliver elevates this salad with broiled, flaked salmon or grilled chicken breast.
Amount Per Serving Calories 126Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 31mgSodium 437mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 21g