Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 pieces of lamb rump
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 250ml extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black black pepper beans crumpled to taste
- Combine rosemary, basil, garlic, olive oil, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Allow the olive oil to absorb all of the flavors for a few hours.
- After that, place the lamb in the bowl, season liberally with salt (because the olive oil makes it difficult for the salt to penetrate the meat), and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Bring the meat to the grill with the fat side down to melt it over low heat, as we don't want to burn it. As a result, you can position the grill on a higher part of the grill, adjusting according to the heat of the ember.
- For a roast to the point, grill the meat for about 25 minutes, turning it once to brown on all sides. When the lamb rump is golden all over, remove it from the grill and set it aside for at least 3 minutes before serving – this allows the juices to settle on the meat and make it juicy all over.
- Good appetite! Cut each piece of lamb rump into three parts.
- If you want to do it in a frying pan, start with the fat side down and brown the meat on all sides. If you want to bake it, preheat the oven to 200oC and bake for about 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 923Total Fat 83gSaturated Fat 19gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 60gCholesterol 117mgSodium 452mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 33g