Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- an iceberg lettuce
- Uc of a cucumber
- 6 radishes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 300 grams cooked crab meat
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 wire puncture
- 1 finely chopped herb, such as fennel, radish
- red pepper or smoked paprika
- Mary Rose
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lemon, extra for serving
- brandy, (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, add mayonnaise, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce. Taste and season to perfection with sea salt and pepper after adding a big squeeze of lemon juice and a splash of brandy (if using). (For a tip on browning crab meat, see the section below.)
- Remove any tatty outer lettuce leaves with a click, then trim and finely shred. If you have a mandoline, slice the cucumber and radish into super-thin thin circles (use a guard!). Avocado should be halved, peeled, and deveined before being neatly sliced.
- Combine crab and mayonnaise in a mixing bowl.
- To serve, put a small layer of lettuce in the center of each plate, top with a few slices of avocado, and then scatter cucumbers and radishes around the edge, slightly overlapping.
- Distribute the crab among the plates and top with a drizzle of Marie Rose sauce. Sprinkle with cress and minced herbs, then finish with a pinch of cayenne and a wedge of lemon. With butter and lovely brown bread.
If you're making your own crab, add a little brown flesh to the Marie Rose Sauce to bring out the flavors even more.
Amount Per Serving Calories 307Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 77mgSodium 439mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 6gSugar 7gProtein 16g