Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 200 grams of wheat flour
- 10 grams of granulated biological yeast
- 1 glass of warm water
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 2 units of ripe tomato
- mozzarella cheese
- thyme or oregano
- Tomato paste
- Black pepper
- Begin by gathering the ingredients for this homemade Marguerita pizza recipe.
- To begin, prepare the dough by spreading the volcano-shaped flour on a flat surface and seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Dig a hole in the center and add the granulated biological yeast and a pinch of sugar to help the fermentation process along.
- Mix in only the yeast and water. Begin mixing in the flour when the mixture begins to form air bubbles.
- Knead the homemade Marguerita pizza dough for 10 minutes, or until it is compact, homogeneous, and smooth, as shown in the photo.
- Cover the dough in an olive oil-greased bowl with plastic wrap. Allow it to grow for 30 minutes.
- After that, roll out the dough on a floured surface and place it on a baking sheet. Begin by making the filling for the homemade Marguerita pizza: spread tomato paste on the crust and season with oregano or thyme to taste.
- Place the grated mozzarella cheese and the tomatoes, cut into slices and seasoned with salt, on top of the tomato paste. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 180oC in a preheated oven.
- After baking, top the homemade Marguerita pizza with basil leaves and serve. Have fun with your food!
Amount Per ServingCalories 223Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 6mgSodium 53mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 8g