Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- 600 g of chicken
- 3 plantains or immature bananas
- 1 onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 cm of ginger
- 1 stalk of celery
- 2 carrots
- 3 peppers (1 red, 1 green and 1 yellow)
- 1 glass of green beans
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 300 ml of broth or 1 cube of broth + water
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano a
- few tablespoons of olive or sunflower oil
- white pepper
- Wash and pat dry the chicken before slicing it into small pieces. Season with white pepper and salt. Bananas and carrots should be cut into slices. Peel the onion, garlic, ginger, and celery and cut them into small cubes.
- Make small pieces of the peppers and green onion. Peel and cut the tomatoes into cubes.
- Brown the bananas in a pan with oil before transferring them to a plate. Cook the chicken bits in the same pan until golden. Remove them from the pan and replace them with the onion, garlic, celery, ginger, and carrots. Cook until the onion softens before adding the peppers and green beans.
- After a few minutes, stir in the tomatoes, basil, oregano, and sugar.
- When the sauce has thickened, stir in the cooked chicken and broth. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the fried bananas in the last few minutes. Season with salt if desired.
- Serve the dish with cooked rice and a sprinkle of parsley or green onion.
Amount Per Serving Calories 734Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 145mgSodium 509mgCarbohydrates 88gFiber 10gSugar 40gProtein 44g