Sunday Roast Chicken, oh my!
Despite its simplicity, it is the French people’s favorite dish. We’ve all had this dish prepared with love by a mother, grandmother, or loved one.
But what are the secrets to making a juicy roast chicken with crunchy skin?
- 1 farm chicken
- 2 onions
- 4 potatoes
- 5/6 cloves of garlic if possible pink
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed or sunflower oil
- salt and ground pepper
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 glass of water
- 1 baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line the bottom of the pan with the onions.
- Season the inside of the chicken with salt and pepper, then top with the poached but slightly crushed garlic cloves and thyme.
- Season the outside of the chicken with salt and gently massage it with the rapeseed oil.
- Roast the meatier side of the chicken on one side.
- Pour in the glass of water and bake at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into large chunks while keeping the skin on.
- After 15 minutes, remove the pan from the oven, add the potatoes, and turn the chicken to roast on the other side.
- After another 15 minutes, reduce the temperature to 180 ° C, turn the chicken over, and place it back in the oven for another 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set aside for 20-30 minutes to rest. The meat will stretch out and become more tender as a result.
- Bake for another 10 minutes to reheat, just before cutting the chicken, and season the vegetables lightly with salt and pepper. Serve immediately and enjoy.
- Have a delicious meal!
Amount Per Serving Calories 175Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 13mgSodium 122mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 7g