Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 pumpkin
- Olive oil
- Spices to taste (salt and pepper, paprika, cinnamon and sugar, curry etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- The pumpkin seeds are removed.
- We clean the seeds by removing the pulp and washing them in cold water.
- We'll boil the seeds in a pot with 2 cups of water for every 1/2 cup of seeds.
- Allow a teaspoon of salt per cup of water to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- We drain the water and dry them.
- We put olive oil on a baking sheet.
- We season the seeds and place them on top of the oil.
- We bake them for 25 to 40 minutes (until they are golden brown and crisp)
- I eat them whole, though some people prefer to eat only the little seed inside... (what a shame!).
Amount Per Serving Calories 46Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 1g