how to make your own tomato sauce Few people nowadays make their own homemade tomato sauce or fried tomato, primarily due to a lack of time. In reality, it is a recipe that takes some time to prepare but can be sped up and frozen for months and months. We will only need a few ingredients to make this sauce, which can be substituted and supplemented with others to taste. It’s very simple to do, but it’s not very quick. You can, however, do other things while it cooks. You don’t have to be constantly on top of your crafting. Finally, we will have our own homemade tomato sauce, which will be delicious and will have nothing in common with the commercial.
- 2kg of crushed tomato or 2kg of tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Dried oregano or fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- We heat a drizzle of olive oil in a high casserole or pot over low heat. Add the chopped onion, green pepper, and garlic. We splash both ingredients together and cook them for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When the onion has become clear and soft, we add the most important component of our tomato sauce: crushed tomatoes. You can also add 2kg of peeled and seeded tomatoes, but I recommend using crushed tomatoes to speed up and simplify the recipe. If using whole tomatoes, we cook for an additional 20 minutes before proceeding to the next step.
- If we use crushed tomatoes, we add a tablespoon of paprika, a pinch of sugar to balance out the acidity of the tomato, and some other spice to taste, such as oregano or basil. Cook for about an hour, covered, on low heat.
- We correct the salt after the tomato sauce has thickened slightly and the flavors have concentrated. Finally, if you don't want to find vegetable bits, crush everything. If not, you are free to leave it as is.
Amount Per ServingCalories 308Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1034mgCarbohydrates 62gFiber 17gSugar 37gProtein 14g