Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 6 slices Farmland® Low Sodium Hickory Smoked Bacon diced
- 3/4 cup red bell peppers diced
- 1/2 cup jalapeno peppers seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups smoked gouda cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- Cilantro for garnish
- Pickled or fresh jalapeno slices for garnish
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Dice up the bacon into small squares.
- Saute the bacon on medium-low heat, for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When it's nice and crisp, remove the bacon bits from the pan and drain them on a paper towel. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings.
- Wipe out the pan you cooked the bacon in, then add the reserved bacon drippings, and heat the pan to medium heat.
Add the peppers, onions and chili powder, and stir to combine.
- Saute the veggies for 5-7 minutes, until tender but not browned.
Remove the veggies from the pan and set them aside to cool slightly.
- Now, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
In an oven proof dish (I use a 9 inch by 9 inch baking dish), add 1/2 of the cheese, half of the peppers, and half of the bacon.
- Repeat, by creating a 2nd layer with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil, then bake the dish for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese is just melted. Make sure you don't overcook it, or the cheese won't be as gooey.
Garnish the hot dip with sliced jalapenos and chopped cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Amount Per Serving Calories 299Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 75mgSodium 541mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 19g