Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 liter of chicken broth
- 200 gr of chicken breast
- 140 gr of sweet corn
- 1 clove garlic
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg white
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Add the cornstarch to half a glass of cold chicken broth. Then we thoroughly mix it until it dissolves completely.
- Pour the remaining broth into a saucepan and add the whole peeled garlic clove, ground ginger, and chicken breast.
- We put it on medium-low heat for about 15 minutes, just until we see that the chicken is cooked.
- We take out the chicken breast, crumble it with a fork or our fingers, and then add it back into the soup.
- Add the sweet corn, which we will have drained earlier, the soy sauce, and the cornstarch mixture that we have prepared, stir a little, and cook for another 4-5 minutes over low heat.
- Cook for a couple more minutes, or until the soup begins to thicken, adding salt and pepper to taste, keeping in mind that the broth and soy sauce may already be salty.
- Stir in the egg white until threads of egg are formed.
- We remove the soup from the heat once the egg has set and serve it at the table. Have a wonderful meal!!
Amount Per Serving Calories 153Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 48mgSodium 1247mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 20g