Prep Time 8 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 28 minutes
- 320 g of mezze penne rigate or penne rigate
- 200 g smoked salmon
- 1 chalota
- 40 g of butter
- 200 cream for cooking
- 25 ml de cognac
- Black pepper
- Bring the pasta water to a boil now, because the sauce comes together in the blink of an eye.
- Over low heat, sauté the shallot cut into very small squares with the butter until golden brown.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the salmon to the pan
- When the salmon has changed color, add the cognac to the pan and cook for two minutes, or until the alcohol has evaporated.
- Turn off the heat, season the salmon with pepper and parsley, and add the cream to the pan. (You won't need to salt the sauce because the smoked salmon will have done it for you.) Try the sauce anyway, just in case you need it.
- When the pasta is almost al dente, strain it, reserving a couple of tablespoons of the cooking water.
- To the pan with the sauce, add the pasta and two tablespoons of cooking water.
- Return the pan to the heat and sauté the pasta with the sauce for a few minutes, or until the cream begins to thicken slightly.
- Serve with a sprinkling of parsley on top of the pasta.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1812Total Fat 185gSaturated Fat 117gTrans Fat 6gUnsaturated Fat 56gCholesterol 578mgSodium 616mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 1gSugar 15gProtein 20g